The Plant (Hemp (aka Cannabis Sativa))
· Renewable crop, planted and harvested annually
· Job creation (thousands of acres are planted in Canada)
· Require less water, naturally repels pests and returns nutrients to the soil
· Absorbs CO2 from the environment to reduce green house gas
· Directly from the stalk
· Does not requires chemicals to process
· Moisture-wicking, breathable, antibacterial, UV protectant
· Very biodegradable
· It gets better the more you wear and wash
· Seeds, oil, flour, protein powder
· Source of protein
· Great source of essential fatty acids, such as Omega 3 and 6
· Rich in vitamins and minerals (e.g. iron, zinc, B vitamins, magnesium)
From fabric and food, to paper, body care, building materials, biodegradable plastics, kitty litter, insulation, rope, garden mulch, wick - the list goes on.
Hemp can save trees! Reduce the use of toxic chemicals and help the air we breathe.